I’ve never blogged before so I’ll just start with how I named the title of my blog. I love flip-flops and luckily I live in a place where its warm enough to wear them almost all year round. My husband doesn’t believe they are real shoes but I disagree.
I recently filled this out somewhere else, so I’ll post it here too so you know a little about myself:
25 Random Things About Me
1. When I see God working in my husband, I feel closer to them both.
2. I am most relaxed when I have a camera in my hand–and when I open Photoshop hours will go by and it only feels like minutes.
3. We try to go to Fallbrook every couple months–they have the best little cafe full of friendly people and tasty pies. And it reminds me of home.
4. I love football season and I’m sad it’s almost over.
5. I might be a packrat. I might also say might when I really am what I might be saying.
6. I don’t really like the mall, so I shop for clothes online whenever possible.
7. I love flip-flops and Christmas decorations and it can become a huge problem.
8. I’m a rule follower.
9. It gives me great satisfaction to cross things off lists. So much that sometimes I secretly add things I’ve already done just so I can cross it off. I don’t care if you think that makes me weird.
10. I might become “the cat lady” when I’m old, but I won’t be the only one . . . you know who you are!
11. I saw/heard a pride of lions roar last month and it was AMAZING!
12. I can say “I’m a potato” in German.
13. I love the smell of chocolate chip cookies baking, coffee brewing, and jasmine. But not all at the same time, of course.
14. Although I try to eat healthy, you will never catch me buying organic food. My dad is a crop duster and pesticides put food on our table. (ha ha, no pun intended)
15. Stupid things make me laugh.
16. I love Pinochle. Its not just for older folks.
17. If its 72 or below I’m probably cold.
18. I get bouts of insomnia.
19. My husband is my best friend and high school sweetheart but it took 10 years apart (and a lot of mercy and patience from God) before we were both in the right place to get married.
20. I’ve decided to start making cards instead of buying them. I’m sorry in advance.
21. “You’ve Got Mail” is one of the only movies I can watch over and over and has become my “comfort” movie.
22. I’m allergic to lettuce.
23. Kristy Yamaguchi is my Michael Jordan, but I don’t like to ice skate–only watch. Mostly because I dont like to be cold and I don’t like to fall down.
24. I love animal planet, the zoo, pet stores, and watching birds off our back patio. I’m really just fascinated by all living creatures with the exception of spiders, cockroaches, and worms.
25. I need chocolate to live.